My Mid Life

Sunday, September 04, 2005

For JM and Sister

Didn't have the energy and the perk to continue writing a blog until I saw an email from JM..hence decided to let her know about my life in HK so that at least someone can share my joy and sorrow.. =)))))))

2nd September 2005

Went to school in the afternoon for the welcome reception for all exchange students. Very happy and delighted to see Grace, who was helping out as one of the buddies for all exchange students. Grace was one of the former exhcange students back in my university and I got to know here through TW. She is a very nice and cheerful girl and perhaps the first girl I got to know before I came to HK. :)

Janice and Rubee came at around 315pm and they went munching away all the snacks.. poor SINGAPOREAN girls.. ahhaha.. shortly after that, the president of the university went onto the stage to give a speech.. oh boy, i really think that the speech was not up to my liking. He kept muttering about himself and also about HK... The speech lasted almost 30minutes and after that, we were seperated into our own buddy group. My buddy is a 3rd year student studying in the faculty of accountancy. She went to NUS last term for exchange and I really think that she is a super nice girl too..

The whole event ended at around 5plus and then I brought Sheena and Esther to Sha Tian. The whole evening we talked about love and relationship and it kinda brought me back to my past lovely droovy mood. Oh boy, it wasnt really the best thing that we should have talk about and I think I wont wana talk about it anytime soon again. The feeling was bad. I learned about Sheena's one and I felt sad and pity for her too..=(((((



3rd September 2005

Woke up very early but not for run.. ahahha...got a city tour arranged by school for us to visit Lantau Island. However, the cost of this trip is not free and I've got to pay HK$80 for it. The weather in the morning was kinda rainy but it got better as we travelled towards the island.

The journey was around 1hour 30mins and the first stop was Tian Tan Buddha at Po Lin Monastery. This figure was 26.4m high and we still got to climb up a fleet of many many stairs before reaching the top. There the view was nice and we took lots of photos. Lunch was next and guess what, other exchange students stopped eating after the 3rd dish but singaporeans' chopsticks kept going on.. hahhahah.. because we were going to take a boat ride later, we then talked about Merlion (vormiting)..

After lunch, we went to Tai O. Tai O os an old fishing village and is known as "Oriental Venice". I think Thailand is better well known as oriental venice. That aside, we went to Yueng Hau Temple and also climbed mountain to the stone obelisk. This stone obelisk was erected in 1902 to make the water boundary between HK and China. Then we took a small boat ride into the sea to see pink dophines. I managed to catch a view of some and indeed, it was pretty and nice. =)))

This whole trip ended at around 7pm and we took a boat ride back to Tung Chung. From there, we made our own way back home. We passed back the interchange station between Disyland and there were already lots of people. I guess when12th September comes, the whole train and place will be packed with people.. For that, I know I will be one of them....

4th September 2005

Did nothing in the morning but going out soon....will be going to church later at night with Grace. =))))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home