My Mid Life

Monday, September 12, 2005

Shenzhen Trip

Finally, I got the energy and chance to blog. Wanted to write out everything that had happened this weekend but I got no chance at all. Woke up this morning at 11am and I checked my Merger course outline. I realised that it was super super super difficult because I got summary reports to write every week. To write is not an issue but to read a 44 page report and summarise it to 1 page is surely hard. Given the fact that I am going to travel most of the week end, I did't want to "destroy" my group mates' grades and I also want to enjoy my exchange and not killed it. Anyway, decided to drop this course and do something easier.. hahaha =))))

Went to Shenzhen, China this weekend and wow, it was really an experience for me. Really really an experience for me. I really want to note everythin down because this is something new and I have NEVER experience such a way of travelling before. Here goes,

10th September 2005

Woke up early and gave Sheena a morning call to wake her up. Kinda excited to know that I will be going to China in a few hours time. Packed my bag and then went to Kowloon Tong KCR with my 5th Uncle (Louis) to meet Sheena, Esther, Rubee and Janice. I was late in meeting them because there was some technical fault with the MTR at Prince Edward. Anyway, when I finally met them, I could sense the tiredness in all of them. Think its because all of them didn't get use to the waking up early mode. The KCR ride took 40 minutes and we reached Luo Hu at around 1015am.



After going through the China immigration, all of us were feeling rather excited. The girls were very hungry and we settled for brunch at one of the eatery in Shenzhen. Oh, we met Sheena's daddy's agent (Thomas) too. After eating, we went to Dong Men to shop. The girls finally perked up with energy and its really amazing to see the way they shopped. They almost went to every shoe shops in the whole of Dong Men. Initially, they dont know how to bargain. Then my uncle began to teach them Bargaining101. After a few shops, all of them were on their own. And guess what, Sheena bought 7 pairs of shoes, Esther bought 3 pairs, Rubee 4 pairs and Janice 2 pairs. And guess the cost of each shoe?? Its only RMB40, which is only less than $8 Sing. Oh gosh, they were very happy and excited and proud of their buy. So while the girls were shopping, I was happily standing outside of the shop with my uncle and thomas, waiting for them and holding their bags and shoes. haahah.. poor me man.. I still got an additional job, which is to tell them that the shoes look nice on them. GRIN.. =D





After shopping, Thomas brought us to have dinner at this Sichuan Restuarant. It was really spicy and nice and the food was arroy mak mak. Before dinner, 5 of us were singing in the vehicle and this geared us for Karaoke Session. Thomas then brought us to a Club for Karaoke. Oh boy, there were actually girls waiting and serving all of us at the club and it was indeed an eye opener for all of us.

11th September 2005

Oh gosh, I finished this day but then the whole website hung and now I got to rewrite again. :(((.. anyway, Woke up early and also managed to get the 4 girls out of bed to prepare themselves to go to the Windows of the World. We managed to leave the house at 9am and we were off walking towards the nearest substation. My uncle bluffed us and told us that the journey would only be 10 mins but we walked for more than 30 mins before reaching the station.

Paid RMB120 and off we went into the Windows of the World. It was nice and my uncle told us that we would spend more than half a day that but guess what, the girls got me out in less than 2 hours. Hhahaha.... They were just getting tired and eager to shop for more stuff. Hence we decided to leave that place and head back to Fu Min to collect our stuff.



Esther, Rubee and Janice waited at the Fu Min station while Sheena walked back with me to uncle's house. It was another long long walk back but I think its good becasue I can lose more weight. hahahaha... =))))

Request my uncle to bring them to eat beef ball noodles and luckily, all of them enjoyed the food except Janice, reason being she can't have beef. Well, we ordered chicken noodles for her..=)))



And off we went to Luo Hu City and the girls went a little crazy again with shoes and bags.



I think all these experience are pretty nice and memorable and I will sure to miss them once the exchange ends. Hope we can all still meet up and chill when we are back in Singapore.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home